Categories of hosting services
A hosting solution involves keeping and/or sharing given web content on a web hosting server handled by a website hosting provider. There are various classes of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's have a peek at these. In this way, you can pick what you need, on the basis of whether you desire to run a weblog, mailbox accounts, or to share files with comrades and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution delivered by various vendors, which lets you share huge files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a register of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free file hosting plans are frequently supported by showing adverts by the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a particular interval of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a completely untrue explanation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would distribute the load between individual sets of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending various web space hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, web site hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a brand of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; given firms provide a hosting service for images solely. This hosting kind is suitable if you wish to share an enormous amount of pictures with buddies or associates since the service is commonly free of charge. You will receive a random link for each and every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service dedicated to taking care of your mail aliases. Some firms provide web space hosting services for web sites, but do not provide an e-mail hosting solution. If you want to set up an email address with your domain name but do not wish to own a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can open electronic mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video clip produces a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with several video files and several hundred site visitors, you may have difficulty with your web page hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will enable you to administer as many video files as you want to without hassling about system reserves.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to keep a web site. To a certain extent, it includes all of the aforementioned hosting types since, along with your web sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and mail addresses, upload videos, etc. At MTBN.NET, for example, you can have a look at web hosting and dedicated hosting accounts that allow you to have all of the aforementioned services in a single location. There may be limits based on the sort of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the routine email/file/video/image hosting packages that are planned for particular web content only.